- Seed in plug trays in march or mid fall
- Transplant 8-10 weeks after seeding or when two true leaves are present.
- 6-12 inches between plants, 18-36 inches between rows.
- 80 + days to maturity.
- Avoid planting in high summer.
- Plant in consistently moist/ muck soil.
- Heavy fertiliser feeder. If needed, sidedress 50lb N/acre 3-5 weeks after transplant.
- Susceptible to magnesium and calcium deficiency
- Cabbage Looper
- Imported Cabbageworm
- Tarnished Plant Bugs
- Anthracnose leaf curl
- Leaf Blight
- Basal stalk rot
- Pink Rot
- Black Heart is associated with poor calcium uptake
- As stalks grow above 3 inches, pile soil on plants to blanch the stalks
- Reduces chlorophyll in plants, bitterness
- Harvest entire heads
- Freshly harvested can be bitter, store at 32-34 degrees F for a few days to cure.
- Store above 32 for long term storage.
|Year||Variety||Date Planted||Date Harvested||Days to Harvest||Yield (lbs/sq. ft)|